This recipe is a combination of Sourdough Pretzels by King Arthur Flour recipe and the Pretzels recipe by Tasty.
- 190 gr water
- 220 gr discard sourdough starter
- 360 gr high protein flour
- 28 gr milk powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- Salt or malt for topping
- ⅔ cup baking soda
- Water to boil baking soda
- Mix and knead the dough ingredients to make a cohesive, fairly smooth dough. It should be slightly sticky.
- Cover the dough and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased work surface, fold it over a few times to gently deflate it, then divide it into 12 or 16 pieces with similar weight.
- Roll each piece of dough into a 30 cm rope. Shape each rope into a pretzel.
- Boil water and baking soda.
- Once boiled, put in the pretzels for 5 seconds for each side.
- Arrange on a baking tray which has been lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle it with a pinch of salt or with malt.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius. Bake the pretzels for 15-20 minute until golden brown.
Slough-United Kingdom, 28 June 2020/7 Dzulqaidah 1441 H