Pad Gaprao is a popular Thai dish that might be considered as sandwich or burger popularity in Western food. A spicy stir-fry featuring the Thai basil aroma, served with a sunny side egg and warm rice is simply irresistible!
- 500gr chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 shallots, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 100 gr long beans, cut into 3cm pcs
- A handful of Thai basils
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 eggs (1 per person)
- Saute garlic and shallot in a large pan until fragrant.
- Add in chicken breast, cook until tender.
- Add in all sauces and chilli flakes, stir well.
- Add in long beans.
- Stir in the basils, and immediately remove from heat.
- Cook your sunny side egg by cracking an egg on a heated lightly oiled non coated pan. Cook until edges become golden brown.
- Serve phat kaphrao with white rice and sunny side egg.
Slough, England, 6 August 2020/16 Dzulhijjah 1441H