I got the original recipe from youtube channel: dapursicongok. As usual I changed the recipe from full white flour to half whole wheat flour. I also used honey instead of sugar and reduced the amount of it and also the amount of condensed milk. I used labneh, Turkey style cream cheese and as we have parsley plants at home, I used fresh parsley instead of dried ones.
- 60 gr sourdough starter (100% hydration)
- 100 gr cold milk
- 150 gr white bread flour (you can use all 300 gr if you do not want to use whole wheat flour)
- 150 gr whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 gr of salt
- 25 gr honey
- 65 gr unsalted butter
Cream Cheese Mixture Ingredients:
- 200 gr labneh
- 40 gr double cream
- 25 gr granulated sugar
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
Garlic Mixture Inggredients:
- 200 gr butter, melted a p
- 30 gr garlic, chopped finely
- 65 gr condensed milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- Fresh parsley
- Prepare the sourdough starter one night before. Make sure the starter is active and bubly (pass the floating test)
- In a bowl, mix all bun ingredients until soft and smooth.
- Let it rest until doubled. I kept mine for 12 hours before proceeding to the next step.
- Divide the dough into 60 gr (small size) or 90 gr (medium size) pieces.
- Take a piece, stretch the edge of the dough and fold it to the center. Move clockwise to the rest of the edges until you come back to the first edge.
- Do final shaping to the dough by giving tensions to the edges while rounding the dough.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The first 15 minutes, loosely cover the pan with paper or aluminium foil to avoid the top part becoming burnt.
- Let the dough cool.
- In the meantime mix all the cream cheese ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Mix all garlic mixture until incorporated.
- Take a cooled bun, slice into six parts (not completely sliced).
- Dip the bun into the garlic mixture, pipe in the cream cheese in between the bun parts.
- Bake for another 15 minutes at 170 degree Celsius.
Slough-England, 7 August 2020/17 Dzulhijjah 1441 H