This is Naura’s favorite cake. At the beginning we believed that we must use the panda leaves itself. Then we realized that it is not easy to get pandan leaves here ini the UK. Alhamdulillaah we found pandan extract, and Naura was so adamant not to make it 😂
The recipe was compiled by Naura to get the most suitable ingredients in our kitchen. She insisted to use coconut milk when I advised her to use milk instead. “I want to have the traditional taste, Bunda.” 😂
She was happy with the taste, and so we were. It was just finished in no time. But she was still unsatisfied with the appearance, as she thinks it was to dense.
- 5 egg yolks
- 40gr granulated sugar
- 30 gr vegetable oil
- 50gr thick coconut oil
- 1 tsp pandan extract
- 120gr plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 80gr granulated sugar
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until pale in colour. Add in vegetable oil and coconut milk.
- Add in pandan extract and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Mix well and set aside mixture 1
- Beat egg whites until fluffy, halfway add the sugar bit by bit.
- Fold it to mixture 1 until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degree Celsius.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 180 degree Celsius and bake for another 10 minutes.
Slough-United Kingdom, 11 August 2020/21 Dzulhijjah 1441 H